Free School Meals

Children in reception, year 1 and year 2 are entitled to a free school meal.  

If you think you are entitled to Free School Meals and milk it is very important that you apply before your child starts school and you must be able to prove your entitlement. If you do apply the school will also receive a Pupil Premium to be spent by the school to support your child’s education whilst at Lord Blyton. Children are entitled to free Meals, Milk and Pupil Premium if their parents or guardians receive any of the following:

  • Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job seeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guarantee element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

Forms are available from the school office or to download here.

The form should be completed and returned to the school along with recent proof of your entitlement to one of the above benefits.

You must inform us of any changes in your circumstances that mean that you are no longer in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits.  The school system is linked to the Department for Work and Pensions, so that we can check eligibility.  Any meals taken when not eligible must be paid for. If you are not eligible your child will not receive free meals.